- Each math course has two English courses attached, each student registered in a specific math course should be in one of the two English classes that are specific to that course. You can find the pairings here.
- If a student wants to switch which version of math they are in, they will need to change their English course as well.
- If a student wants to switch which version of English they are in, you can check the cohorts to see if the other version of English is available for their math class.
Change of major
- If a student is changing into a non-STEM major, they should switch both their English and math courses but this will not be enforced.
- If you meet with a student who is pathway 4 and changing into a STEM major, they should be encouraged to register for one of the Gator Supportive Pathway cohorted math and English courses.
AP Credit/Community College Credit
- If a student already has credit for the A2, they can still stay in their Gator Supportive Pathways math course.
- If a student already has credit for the B4, they can still stay in their Gator Supportive Pathways English course.
- If a student has credit for one or the other and don't feel they need the support, they can drop their Gator Supportive Pathway courses.
- The cohorts are important, but if a student really can't make it work, it is ok to mismatch if it is necessary.
- Since these students are STEM, prioritize the math class over the English class.
Questions? Email (email@example.com) or Teams Michelle Kalus